Village Players History and Restoration Project
|Home||The Prompter||Past Productions||Restoration Project||Board Members||Links|
|CLICK ON BUILDING FOR ITS HISTORY
Built in 1888, our building started out as a Unitarian Church. It was purchaced in 1911 by the Masons, and was renovated for use as their meeting place. It served the community for movies, theater, receptions, classes, dances, auctions, Bingo, and many other activities. The Village Players used the building many times while the Masons owned it, and were able to buy it in January, 1995 when it went up for sale.
|The Auditorium as it appeared in 1995. After a number of alterations, we were able to re-open the theater to the public in the summer of 1996. A new heating and cooling system has been installed, and a permanent seating on a tiered floor to improve comfort of our audiences. There still remains much more to do, to maintain the building's integrity, safety, comfort, and appearance. Architect Richard Cary has completed plans for renovating the entire building.FOR MORE PHOTOS OF WHAT THE BUILDING LOOKED LIKE WHEN WE BOUGHT IT - CLICK HERE|
|A recently completed project at the theater involved the demolition and replacement of the front steps. Click on the picture to see step by step photos of the process.|